Indiana Medicaid Provider Enrollment: Back on Track
After being delayed since July of this year, provider enrollment for the Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) is back on track.
IHCP has been dealing with system changes and a large volume of provider enrollment applications, revalidations and profile updates. But as of October 10th, they have reduced the backlog and are now processing normal levels of enrollment "inventory."
Whether you are a health care provider or supplier in Indiana or in any other state, it's crucial to stay on top of all enrollment tasks.
Here are a few tips to stay ahead of the game:
- Start enrollment as early as possible. Whether you work through a payer enrollment specialist or perform these tasks yourself, start the process as soon as possible so you can see patients and bill Medicare and Medicaid.
- Submit applications electronically where available. Use the PECOS system for Medicare if available for your provider and supplier type, and your state's online portal, if available, for Medicaid enrollment and changes. Electronic transactions are processed more efficiently with fewer errors, and they generate a tracking number for reference. If you must submit paper applications, send via certified mail so you have a record of when they are received.
- Make sure information is complete. Follow instructions carefully and include all supporting documentation.
- Keep tabs on all requests. Check the online systems or call the applicable customer service contacts at least weekly to verify that your enrollment, revalidation and changes are on track. Keep a list of outstanding transactions and track all activity.
- Check enrollment confirmations. Double check the effective date.
- Hold claims until enrollment is complete and accurate. If you submit claims before the enrollment and effective date have been verified, you will receive claim denials and face refiling tracking and submissions.
Let Us Manage All Your Payer Enrollment Services
If you require medical credentialing and payer enrollment needs for your practice or medical facility, please contact 1st Assistant. Our experienced and dedicated specialists will provide all credentialing and enrollment services quickly and will monitor your account for ongoing updates and re-attestations. Heidi Henderson, our company owner and President, is eager to meet you and discuss your payer enrollment needs. Please call us at 512.201.2668 or contact us via the website.